Advanced Jazz for Teens & Adults with Geri!
April 19 - May 17
Instructor: GERI CARLSON SAULS
This will be a small class, all dancers must be masked.
This will be a fast paced class working on technique and routines in the various musical theater styles (tending towards the more traditional such as Fosse, Bennett, Gene Kelly, etc). Dancers should be able to do single and ideally double pirouettes, chaîné and piqué turns, various leaps - we will work on those but in combinations. A full warmup will be a part of class. Geri is open to suggestions as for types of routines the dancers want.
This session is 5 weeks.
Important things to know about this class!
1. This class will be in person at the Belmont Arts Collaborative Black Box
2. Students and staff are required to wear mask and to socially distance
3. If students feel ill, have COVID-19 symptoms or been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14-days, they may not attend class.
4. Parents of students must submit a well-check before class online (you'll be given instructions)
5. Parents must drop off and pick up students promptly or student will not be allowed to continue in the class. This is more important than ever, due to the limited number of staff who can be in the space and our cleaning protocols.