Intermediate/Adv. Tap with Geri
5th Grade - 18+
DROP-IN thru Oct 26
M, 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT
This class is for the tap dancer that already has the basic technique. They should be able to do shuffles, flaps, cramp rolls, step heel turns, buffalo turns, maxifords, and a basic time step. We will continue technique work with pullbacks, wings, fancier turns and quicker/more intricate rhythms. You will get both musical theater tap and rhythm tap styles.
We will also learn some short combinations. Second grade and up
This session is 5 weeks: Sept 21 &. 28, Oct. 12, 19 and 26.
There is no class on Oct. 5.
Important things to know about this class!
1. This is a brand new experience and will require patience and understanding from all of us!
2. BAND is the main form of communication outside the “Zoom Room” you must check for regular communications (you can set this to notify you via the app, phone or email).
3. You will need to have a designated “virtual theater” space for your child(ren) to be during Zoom Rehearsals. It should be a quiet space free of other distractions (pets, video games, etc)
4. Each participant will be responsible for filming segments of this show and uploading them to us in order to compile into our final show!
5. All materials will be delivered via digital link to download to your devices or print yourself.