Virtual Cabaret Conservatory
7th - 12th Grade
Sept 20 - Oct 25
S, 6:15 PM - 7:00 PM EDT
Class meets for a group session on Sunday's beginning at 6:15 PM. Each student will participate in weekly private lessons, along with group masterclasses prior to the performance.
Students will work on two individual songs:
1 song musical theatre song (or MT style written for cabaret), 1 pop song or jazz standard
Virtual Concert on Friday, October 30 at 7PM
Cabaret Conservatory students will focus on these fundamentals:
• choosing appropriate musical material
• lyric interpretation
• refining phrasing
• overcoming stage fright
• communicating effectively with accompanists
For our in-person classes we had planned on focusing on these topics
• stage presence
• connecting with an audience
• microphone technique
However, these will look a bit different considering our virtual platform. Students will explore and learn more about working on camera and improving sound for recording.
Important things to know about this class!
1. This is a brand new experience and will require patience and understanding from all of us!
2. BAND is the main form of communication outside the “Zoom Room” you must check for regular communications (you can set this to notify you via the app, phone or email).
3. You will need to have a designated “virtual theater” space for your child(ren) to be during Zoom Rehearsals. It should be a quiet space free of other distractions (pets, video games, etc)
4. Each participant will be responsible for filming segments of this show and uploading them to us in order to compile into our final show!
5. All materials will be delivered via digital link to download to your devices or print yourself.