Fri, Jul 30|
Private Residence Open Air Venue
A Midsummer Night's Dream - INVITED DRESS
Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream will be presented in a residential open air venue with bring-your-own seating. Patrons should park at DMR Adventures (221 Carlton Rd) and take our free 4 minute shuttle to the venue. Tickets are limited to 2 per student, per performance.
Time & Location
Jul 30, 2021, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Private Residence Open Air Venue, 204 Douglas Ave, Charlottesville, VA 22902, USA
About the event
This performance will take place in a residential open air venue located at 204 Douglas Ave in Charlottesville, VA.
PARKING & SHUTTLE SERVICE:
- Parking near the venue is extremely limited and we do not reccomend parking near the venue.
- Patrons are encouraged to park in the DMR Adventures parking lot at 221 Carlton Rd.
- A free shuttle service will be available from DMR Adventures to and from the venue. Travel time is 4 minutes.
- Shuttle service from the DMR Parking lot will begin at 3:20pm.
- The final shuttle trip will leave the DMR Parking lot at 3:45pm. Please arrive and park before this time if you would like guaranteed parking and a free shuttle ride to the venue.
- Patrons arriving after the final 3:45pm shuttle trip should park at DMR Adventures and walk (12 minutes) to 204 Douglas, or park on the street near the venue.
- Shuttle service will operate after each performance to return patrons to the DMR Adventures parking lot.
- PATRONS WILL BE TOWED IF PARKED IN THE BELMONT LOFTS APARTMENT PARKING LOT. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THIS LOT.
- Chairs will not be provided. Patrons are encouraged to bring blankets or lawn chairs for their entire party.
- Please be considerate when choosing a blanket size. Yard space is limited and will be filling up the entire venue.
- Patrons who bring chairs will be seated at the rear of the house to accomodate obstruction of view for those on blankets.
- Food and drink may be consumed
- Our check-in volunteers will have a guest list at the door. Patrons are not required to print their tickets, however bringing confirmation is reccomended.
- Latecomers may only be seated at the discretion of the house manager.
- Patrons with confirmed tickets must arrive by 3:55pm to be guaranteed admission.
- Waitlist tickets will open once reservations are sold out.
- Patrons with waitlist tickets should arrive before the start of the performance and will be admitted in the event that space is available.
- The performance will run approx. 60 minutes, ending at 5:00 pm with an on-time start.
- Patrons should use the restroom before arriving to the venue.
- A single restroom will be available nearby for patrons upon request. Patrons in need of a restroom should locate event staff to be escorted to the restroom.
FOOD AND DRINK:
- Food is not permitted in the venue.
- To preserve and respect the owners of the open air venue, please help us by disposing of any trash off-site.
- Cold water will be available. Donations for water will be accepted, but not required.
- Donations in the form of cash or electronic payment will be collected and appreciated.
- Donations will help cover the cost of shuttle service, space use, event staff, and more. We appreciate any and all contributions.
- The 6:00pm performance will be filmed for archival purposes and made available to families of the cast, crew, and directing team.
General Admission (2 max)
Bring your own chair or blanket.