Fri, Nov 19|
BELMONT ARTS COLLABORATIVE
LEGALLY BLONDE JR Sponsored by RAHE INC, your locally owned and operated McDonalds
Harvard's beloved blonde takes the stage by glittery pink storm in this fun and upbeat adaptation of the hit film and award-winning Broadway musical, starring advanced musical theatre students from the Charlottesville area.
Time & Location
Nov 19, 2021, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
BELMONT ARTS COLLABORATIVE, 221 Carlton Rd, Suites 3 &, 4, Charlottesville, VA 22902, USA
About the event
----- PLEASE READ -----
Tickets on sale to the public at 5PM on Wednesday, Nov. 10th.
This INDOOR performance will take place at the Belmont Arts Collaborative (221 Carlton Road, Suite 3, Charlottesville, VA 22902 - in Kathy's shopping Center).
- Seating will begin 20 minutes before the performance. Please do not attempt to enter prior to 20 minutes before the performance.
- Masks are required for all patrons, no matter your vaccination status. Masks will also be worn by all actors and production team. The only exception are the two performances which require proof of vaccination (see below)
2 PERFORMANCES REQUIRE PROOF OF VACCINATION
Sunday, Nov. 21 at 2 PM and
Friday, Dec. 3rd 7 PM
For those performances, we ask you to bring your vaccination card and you may arrive 30 minutes before the start of the show. While all audience members and production team will be masked for these two performances, the cast, who are all vaccinated, may choose to wear a mask, a face shield or no mask.
-Patrons will present their name to the box office assistant at check-in, but also please have you digital ticket in your possession.
- Latecomers who arrive after the performance time may not be seated. Late seating is at the discretion of the house manager.
- The performance will run approx. 80 minutes, including intermission.
-Please reach out to office@DMRAdventures.com with any accessibility needs at least 24 hours prior to the performance.
- There will be limited options for food and drink. We ask that all food/drink be consumed outside.
- Due to the license for this show, filming of any kind is not prohibited. No filming will be allowed, and no videos will be sold. The performance will not be live streamed.
Legally Blonde JR. follows the transformation of Elle Woods as she tackles stereotypes, snobbery and scandal in pursuit of her dreams. When Elle's boyfriend, Warner, dumps her and heads to Harvard, claiming she's not "serious" enough, Elle takes matters into her own hands, crafting a showy song-and-dance personal essay and charming her way into law school. Befriending classmate, Emmett, and spunky hairdresser, Paulette, along the way, Elle finds that books and looks aren't mutually exclusive. As Elle begins outsmarting her peers, she realizes that law may be her natural calling after all. Legally Blonde JR. is a fabulously fun journey of self-empowerment and expanding horizons.
The talented cast, comprised of students aged 12-17, presents the show Nov. 19-Dec. 4, at the Belmont Arts Collaborative. The award-winning production staff includes Director/Choreographer - Deon Ridley (Broadway's Lion King, Chicago and Cats), Music Director - Xavier Taylor, Lighting Designer Tracie Skipper, Stage Managers - Elizabeth Brubaker and Paula Chanda, Assistant Stage Manager - Ollie Nacey, Run Crew: Christina Cooper, Liv Cordano, Maggie Graham, Lauren Pornillos, Ana Salazar-Gil, Alanah Richardson and Costume Assistant - Jen Kashatus.