Sun, Mar 19|
Belmont Arts Collaborative
Seussical KIDS! produced by DMR Adventures
Oh, the thinks you can think when Dr. Seuss best-loved characters collide in an unforgettable musical caper!
Time & Location
Mar 19, 3:00 PM – 3:45 PM
Belmont Arts Collaborative, 221 Carlton Rd, Suites 3 &, 4, Charlottesville, VA 22902, USA
About the event
Horton the Elephant, the Cat in the Hat and all of your favorite Dr. Seuss characters spring to life onstage in Seussical KIDS, a fantastical musical extravaganza from Tony-winners, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty.
Transporting audiences from the Jungle of Nool to the Circus McGurkus, the Cat in the Hat, our narrator, tells the story of Horton, an elephant who discovers a speck of dust containing tiny people called the Whos, including Jojo, a Who child, who gets in trouble for thinking too many "thinks." Horton's challenge is twofold — not only must he protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, but he must also guard an abandoned egg that's been left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. Although Horton faces ridicule, danger, kidnapping and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him. Ultimately, the powers of friendship, loyalty, family and community are challenged and emerge triumphant!
Based on the works of Dr. Seuss
Music Supervised, Adapted and Produced by Bryan Louiselle
April Arcidicono, Aislyn Ardleigh-Clark, Maggie Barnes, Daniel Baxton, Rowan Bergstrom, Freya Braun-Wahlin,, Mariah Cherebin, Zoey Coltrane, Georgia Comer, Mickey Comer, Nathan Courville, Grace Forester, Stella Gelfand, Elliott Gewirtz, Elinor Hoover, Jordan Jennings, Ella Kennard, Connor Neil, Marie Newberry, Emerson Perrel, Raya Pickard, Sara Piper, Maren Price, Cordelia Rice, Carter Rooney, Ella Smith, Emmie Smith, Sarah Smith, Ginger Snyder, Madeleine Spangler, Sophia Starr, Emit Tillack, Wilder Wayland, Liam Weaver, Isla White, Ruby Wilkins, Daphne Wise, Louise Wise
Directed by Melissa Charles
Music Direction by Nancy Paulson
Stage Management by Morgan Hall
Costume Design and Production Management by Karen Schlicht
Assistant Director: Mark Williams
Assistant Choregraphers: Jonathan Karns, Lilah Davis
Vocal Director: Xavier Taylor
Production Assistant: Annika Braun-Wahlin
Assistant Stage Manager: Lilah Davis
ANY VIDEO RECORDING MADE OF THIS PERFORMANCE IS AUTHORIZED FOR PERSONAL, AT-HOME, NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY. THE SALE OR DISTRIBUTION OF SUCH RECORDING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNDER FEDERAL COPYRIGHT LAW.
This INDOOR performance will take place at the Belmont Arts Collaborative (221 Carlton Road, Suite 3, Charlottesville, VA 22902 - in Kathy's shopping Center).
- Seating will begin 30 minutes before the performance. Please do not attempt to enter prior to 30 minutes before the performance.
-There are no refunds. If you need to change the date of your performance which has not yet ocurred, please email office@DMRAdventures.com and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
AGE OF ADMISSION:
- The recommended age of admission is 5 years old, but you may certainly bring younger students if you feel they will enjoy the show and be able to sit quietly in the small theatre for approximately 40 minutes. Please note that our theatre is very intimate and your neighbors are close! Our actors use the lobby to make entrances and exits. Due to the intimate nature of the theatre, each person who needs a seat will need a ticket.
- Our pricing model, like most of our classes and programs is based on an accessible model, rather than a set price for age or location in the space. You may be familiar with the terms "sliding scale" or "pay what you can/will." Please choose the price point that is right for you/your family/your financial requirements. If all price points are out of reach, feel free to contact Partner@DMRAdventures.com and we will work on a solution!
- At this time, masks are not required for audience members, but this requirement may change.
-Patrons will present their name to the box office assistant at check-in, but also please have you digital ticket in your possession.
- Latecomers who arrive after the performance time may not be seated. Late seating is at the discretion of the house manager.
- The performance will run approx. 40 minutes with no intermission.
-Please reach out to office@DMRAdventures.com with any accessibility needs at least 24 hours prior to the performance.
- There will be limited options for food and drink. We ask that all food/drink be consumed outside or in the lobby
- Due to the license for this show, filming of any kind is NOT prohibited. No filming will be allowed and the performance will not be live streamed. Please do not take photos, flash or otherwise.
Performers may choose to perform without masks
If you'd like to buy tickets for a sold out performance, you can join the standby line, which will begin no earlier than 30 minutes before show time. Unclaimed tickets will begin to be released no earlier than 5 minutes before the show begins. Anyone wishing to buy unclaimed tickets MUST stay physically in line, and no single person may buy more than 2 tickets. There will be no list in writing and it will be impossible to get tickets for the sold out performance more than 5 minutes before the show begins. Being in the standby line does not guarantee you will get a ticket, but we will do our best to accommodate as many people as possible.
From $10.00 to $15.00
Seating is first come, first served
From $10.00 to $15.00
Sold OutPrice optionPriceQuantityTotal